The Orion XX14i turns the night sky into an endless playground of deep-space surprises for intermediate and advanced observing enthusiasts. The space-penetrating 14″ (356mm) parabolic primary mirror features enhanced reflectivity (94%) aluminum coatings to deliver more light to the eye. And what do 14″ optics buy you in the way of extra light gathering power compared to12″ and 10″ optics? Plenty. The XX14i pulls in 36% more light than a 12″ and 96% more than 10″ optics, allowing you to resolve significantly fainter objects and more subtle details. Once your observing target is locked in utilizing the IntelliScope Computerized Object Locator’s database of 14,000 celestial objects, the XX14i’s dual-speed (11:1) 2″ Crayford focuser lets you quickly bring the object into crisp, clear focus using either of the included eyepieces: low-power 35mm 2″ DeepView or high power 10mm 1.25″ Sirius Plossl. WARNING! When using a truss tube Dobsonian for solar observing, always use a Light Shroud and a properly sized solar filter. Make sure there are no gaps between the Shroud and the telescope where direct sunlight can reach the mirror, otherwise eye injury or damage to the telescope can occur. Before using any telescope for solar observing, install protective covers on all optical components. Glancing through an uncovered optical system can cause permanent eye damage. Always install protective caps on all optical instruments if left out during daylight hours.
- Complete set with everything you need for optimized use and transport of our 14″ Truss Tube IntelliScope Dobsonian – includes the SkyQuest XX14i telescope, view enhancing Light Shroud, and custom Case Set for the optical tube
- IntelliScope computerized object-locating technology pinpoints any of 14,000 objects in seconds and gives you directions for push-to object location
- Included three case set designed to protect the optical tube sections of the SkyQuest XX14i reflector during transport
- Custom-designed light shroud for the XX14i Truss Tube Dobsonian blocks stray light to improve contrast
- SkyQuest XX14i telescope includes dual-speed 2″ Crayford focuser, 9×50 finder scope, 2″ and 1.25″ eyepieces, eyepiece rack, Starry Night software, and more!