Using the XT8 Classic as a starting point, we added top-notch features and accessories to create the Orion SkyQuest XT8 PLUS Dobsonian Reflector. This deluxe upgrade of our stalwart 8″ reflector telescope boasts a redesigned Dobsonian base, adjustable altitude axis tension, a 2″ dual-speed Crayford focuser, and a host of other upgraded features and included accessories. The sleek redesigned base of our SkyQuest XT8 PLUS Dobsonian not only looks great, it also features weight-reducing cutouts which help make the XT8 PLUS more portable than its XT8 Classic counterpart. The base is quite visible, even in the dark of night, thanks to its white trim. Topping the base (literally) is the big, 8″-aperture, f/5.9 reflector telescope optical tube with a unique, eye-catching metallic blue color. The XT8 PLUS features adjustable tension knobs on the altitude axis, which replace the tensioning springs found on the XT8 Classic model. With the altitude tension properly adjusted, using heavier accessories will not cause the optical tube to drift downwards during use. The SkyQuest XT8 PLUS Dobsonian is built around an 8″ (203mm) diameter parabolic primary mirror mounted in a sturdy, cast-aluminum support cell. The mirror collects 78% more light than a 6″ mirror, so you get a significant increase in ability to observe dust lanes in nebulas, resolve the cores of prominent globular star clusters, and to reveal some of the more subtle structures in faint galaxies. The 1200mm focal length (f/5.9) XT8 mirror allows you to obtain clear and crisp views at moderate to high magnifications on clear nights with good seeing conditions. Enhanced-reflectivity mirror coatings boost the XT8 PLUS Dobsonian’s mirror up to 94% reflectivity so as much light as possible is transmitted to the eyepiece, resulting in exceptionally bright, clear views. Your whole family can use the XT8 PLUS Dobsonian telescope to scan the heavens just like experienced astronomers.
- Deluxe upgrade of our popular XT8 Classic Dobsonian boasts multiple key feature enhancements and additional included accessories
- Eye-catching metallic blue optical tube rides on a redesigned base with adjustable altitude tension knobs
- Convenient thumbscrew-adjustable secondary mirror for easy collimation without tools
- Features a 2″ dual-speed Crayford focuser with 11:1 fine-focus provides precise focus adjustments for sharp views
- Upgraded accessories include a 2″ 28mm DeepView eyepiece, 1.25″ 10mm Sirius Plossl eyepiece, Safety Film Solar Filter, Shorty 2x Barlow, eyepiece rack, EZ Finder II reflex sight, DeepMap 600 folding star chart, collimation cap, and more