Our SkyQuest XT4.5 is a quality telescope, with point-and-view simplicity that makes it easy to use and makes stargazing fun! The optical performance is far and away better than flimsy department store models. Its 4.5″ (114mm) mirror, housed in an enameled steel tube, gathers 260% more starlight than a 60mm refractor. More light means you can see a lot more celestial objects in greater detail. In a review of low-cost beginner telescopes, Sky and Telescope (12/05) proclaimed the XT4.5 “The best of the bunch – a solid combination of optics and mechanics.” Try it and see for yourself! The SkyQuest XT4.5 Classic Dobsonian Telescope Kit comes with extra accessories at a great value! The popular Shorty 2x Barlow doubles the magnification of any 1.25″ eyepiece for a power boost. The included Orion MoonMap 260 is a useful reference map of the Moon’s surface that will help the whole family learn the names and locations of more than 260 craters, mountains, valleys, “seas” and other interesting lunar features you can explore with your telescope. The detailed Orion Telescope Observer’s Guide book highlights over 60 celestial objects to observe in a telescope. Use the included Star Target planisphere to plan your observing sessions year-round! The RedBeam Mini LED light provides dark-friendly red light when you need it under starry skies.
- 114mm (4.5″) aperture and 900mm focal length Dobsonian telescope provides great views of lunar craters, planets, bright nebulas and galaxies
- Collects a whopping 260% more light than a typical beginner-level 60mm refractor telescope – which means hundreds more objects will be visible through the Orion SkyQuest XT4.5 Classic Dobsonian
- Included Orion 2x Shorty Barlow Lens doubles the magnification of virtually any 1.25″ eyepiece, adding magnification options to your telescope right out of the box
- The included Beginning Stargazers Toolkit provides plentiful reference material for nighttime observing and a handy red LED light to see them clearly
- An affordable and value-packed telescope and accessory kit perfect for beginning astronomers!